Cover Letter Made Easy – Simple 3 parts cover letter solution
Here is a simple solution to how to write a cover letter without over-complicating it.
A cover letter should be viewed as consisting of 3 parts:
1st Part – Introduction
- Let the reader know why you are writing the letter
- Doesn’t need to be long
- 2 to 3 lines is enough
2nd Part – Explanation
- Why you are suitable for the job.
- How do you meet the the job spec and criteria
- Can be more than one paragraph, two or three paragraphs is fine
- Can use bullet points, easier to read
- An explanation of how previous work and life experience, transferable skills and relevant qualifications make you the perfect candidate to fill the vacancy.
3rd Part – Closing statement
- Thank the employer for the opportunity to apply
- Availability of interview
- 2 to 3 lines are enough
Read more about cover letters in our previous article cover letter advice article
Use our editable cover letter template to get you started