How to dress for a job interview
Dressing appropriately for a job interview is essential. Smart attire will present a professional look. Casual or poor scruffy clothing can portray an “I don’t care” and “I’m not bothered” attitude.
Remember: First impressions count.
Interview clothing tips
- Iron your clothing.
- Consider wearing something which doesn’t crease easily.
- Wear smart clothing which looks professional. This will boost your confidence.
- Wear comfortable clothing. You don’t want to be fidgeting constantly.
- Prepare your outfit in advance; don’t leave it to the last minute. Wash and iron it a few days before the interview.
- Clean and polish your shoes.
- Clean and brush up your hair, you don’t want to look scruffy.
- Don’t wear inappropriate logos and images.
- Don’t take inappropriate accessories into the interview.
Dress to impress
A presentable and smart appearance will help you impress the recruiter and show you as a positive and confident person. This can be the difference of how you are treated by the interviewer. Dress to impress and land the job.